With Type 2 hair, the wave or curl is shaped in an ‘S’ pattern throughout the head. The hair sticks close to the head, and won’t bounce up, even when layered. There are 3 sub categories: 2A, 2B, and 2C.
2A (Wavy Swavy): Fine, thin and very easy to handle; easily straightened or curled. Celebrity examples include Emma Stone, Amanda Seyfried and Nicole Richie.
2B (Wavy Curly): Medium-textured and a little resistant to styling; has a tendency to frizz. Celebrity examples include Berenice Bejo, Carrie Underwood and Mila Kunis.
2C (Wavy Whirly): Thick and coarse and more resistant to styling and will frizz easily. Celebrity examples include Taylor Swift, Brittany Snow and Joss Stone.
Use lighter products such as mousses or gels that enhance curls, but don’t weigh them down
• Use duckbill clips on the crown of your head to lift top curls
• Let hair air dry or use a diffuser
• Once your curls are dry, rub a little pomade into the palm of your hands and smooth over your hair gently
• Do not use a brush or comb on your dry curls - this causes frizz and flyaways
• Reduce tangles by using a satin pillow case.